Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Welcome to my Blog

Good Evening and welcome to my education blog!! 


        My name is Erica Svensson and I am currently a student at Columbus State Community College. I am studying early childhood education and will be graduating with my associate's degree in May of 2016!! I am currently working at a childcare center in Dublin, Ohio. I absolutely love the staff there and especially the children! They make every day better when I see their smiling faces!! Even though I am graduating from CSCC in May, I plan on continuing my education in early childhood education and get my teaching license. My original goal was to become a fourth grade teacher, but after working with younger children, I have decided to further my education with a bachelor's degree in early childhood education and get my teaching license later. I would love to work in a preschool. 
        I am not married (although there has been talk about a ring!! Guess I'll just have to wait and see), but do have a loving boyfriend of four years. He is a mechanical engineer and is currently in Japan doing some training for work (is it march yet?). I love spending as much time as possible with him and with my friends and family. They all mean the world to me! I have many interests and hobbies, but will not bore you with all of those!! I love being creative, whether that's through drawing, painting, crocheting, or even making bracelets. I also love to read and hang out with friends and family. 
        I have always loved just being around children. I am the one at the family reunions who is running around with the children or sitting reading a story  or playing princess with them. So to make a career out of something I only imagined is a wish come true. It took me a couple years to realize that I wanted to be a teacher, even though the thought has always been in the back of my mind. 
        My goals as a teacher is to make a difference in the lives of the children and their parents. I want to see the excitement on the children's faces as they enter the classroom. I want them to be excited to come to school and keep that excitement throughout their school experience. My goal as an educator is to promote the child, encourage them to imagine and explore the world around them. To ask questions and seek out answers. To mold their mind through process rather than product. 


No comments:

Post a Comment